Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How to Mix Prints for Beginners

Hey there! This is my first How To post and I thought I'd begin it with something really simple, mixing prints. I often get the question from my friends on how to mix prints and not look like I got dressed in the dark. The best tip that I can give for beginners is to pick two pieces that have one common color in it. As you can see from my outfit below I picked this scarf and sweater to mix and it goes well together because it does have that common color in it which is white. What's so funny is this how I got into mixing prints by picking something very basic, floral and stripes. They compliment each other so well as you can see from how I styled another outfit here . From there I moved on to harder things like polka dots and leopard or even stripes and birds, whatever your choice may be. So get to mixing prints and feel free to share them with me!
What I wore: Earrings- $1.90 Charlotte Russe/ Scarf: $6 at a Bazaar when I was deployed
Sweater- $5.99/ Bag- $10.99 Ross/ Belt- $8.48 Target/ Boots: $20 Just Fab

7 comments:

  1. love how you mixed these Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your look!! You are very pretty!
    If you like my blog..¡follow me!
    I hope you!
    XXX,Cynthia

    www.miestilodevida90two.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mixed print look is great!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, This mixed print looks so great.
    You have an amazing style.
    Please follow my blog at rockingtherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete